Saturday, May 21, 2011

Milwaukee Bicycle Co. Bruiser v2 Prototype

This is a pic ot the new to come Milwaukee Bicycle Co. Bruiser v2. Prolly is now riding one of the prototypes. Unlike many other FGFS frames, this one is designed to be ridden with 700c wheels. And although my opinion towards riding with pegs might have changed a bit, I'm still a "29" for life" kinda guy.
And it features some other nice things, which I could try to repeat in my own words, or just quote Prolly. I choose to do the last one:

When you design a bike to fit 2.5" 29'r tires, your chainstays tend to get longer, making it harder to wheelie. Like the Surly Karate Monkey and other 29'rs, we added a kink to the seat tube, allowing you to slam your 2.5" tire and make it easier to wheelie.
By keeping the HTA steep and lengthening the axle to crown, the frameset is designed to clear a 2.5" on the front and the rear. While this isn't the production fork, it'll give you an idea of what you're going to be looking at.
Next up, we addressed the rediculousness of the 120 rear spacing and standard dropouts. These aren't track bikes anymore so why hold on to an out-dated standard? A wider rear end will make for a stronger rear wheel and that's why we spaced it out for 135mm. Each frame will come with a 14mm axel, 135mm rear hub. Laced to a wide rim, your 29'r or 700c tires will balloon out to a massive size. And we adjusted the chainline to a more fitting number since everyone's is so screwed up with a 120 rear.
Why go 26" when you can fit massive tires on a 700c / 29'r wheel?
I know last Sunday I said that if I would get a frame (set) without a negative bottom bracket, it would be the Volume Cutter v6.
But now I know about the Bruiser v2, and it's 135mm rear spacing, this one takes the #1 spot on my wish list!

No comments:

Post a Comment